ONLINE BOOKINGS PREFERRED
We are open everyday! (Closed Public Holidays)
Weekdays: 9am – 12pm
Weekends: 9am – 12pm AND 12.30pm – 3.30pm
School Holiday opening hours Tuesday – Sunday, 9am – 12pm AND 12.30pm – 3.30pm.
Monday 14 June 2021 CLOSED
Monday 4 October 2021 CLOSED
Session numbers will remain capped and may be adjusted to ensure the safety and comfort of visitors and staff.
If you book in but can no longer make your session, please let us know as soon as possible so your space can go to another family.
We appreciate your patience and understanding during our reopening. If you have any questions, please read our FAQs below or contact us at [email protected]
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
Before visiting, we ask all visitors to read up on our updated terms and conditions. We also ask that you follow the helpful advice in our FAQ ‘What can I do?’ listed below.
We don’t want you to miss a day of fun from your membership. That’s why we have extended all memberships by 135 days from your original expiry date – 105 days for the length of our closure PLUS 30 days to say thanks for your support. You should have received an email from us with your new expiry date. This extension is only available for memberships that were active until 8 July 2020. If you didn’t receive this email, please contact us at [email protected]
The Discovery Gift Shop is open Monday – Friday, 9:30am – 11:30am and Saturday – Sunday 9:30am – 11:30am and 1pm – 3pm. Just a heads-up, we have limited stock available so get in quick to grab your Christmas gifts! Unfortunately, we are no longer accepting Creative Kids vouchers on products. However, you can still use Creative Kids vouchers on memberships. For any questions regarding the Gift Shop contact [email protected]
Parking on campus is back to paid parking. The Carpooling car park will be open on weekdays. Our members’ car park will be open to members 15-minutes before your session Monday – Friday. Member car parking is limited to one car park per membership and only for the duration of your visit to the Discovery Space.
FOOD & DRINK
You are still more than welcome to bring your own food and drink to consume in the Discovery Gardens. Ugly Duckling Cafe is also open. Drinking bubblers are temporarily turned off. Please see our FAQs below for more information.
DISCOVERY AT HOME
We’ve loved bringing the Discovery Space to your homes every weekday during our closure. We will still bring the Discovery Space to your homes with videos and activities, just not on a set schedule, so be sure to follow our social pages for updates. You can access our Discovery at Home content at any time.
Are masks compulsory?
No, masks are currently not compulsory.
What COVID-19 health and safety measures have you put in place?
The health and safety of members, guests and staff always comes first. That’s why we’ve introduced a range of new measures and cleaning protocols:
- We’ve developed our COVID-Safe Operations Plan under recommendations provided by the NSW Health Department and State and Federal Governments.
- All staff have completed the COVID-19 Infection and Prevention Control training endorsed by the Australian government.
- Enhanced daily cleaning regimes, including frequent cleaning of high touchpoints
- Ensuring adequate handwashing facilities are available.
- Installed additional hand sanitiser dispensers throughout the Discovery Space.
- We have introduced session times with limited capacity
- We collect contact information upon booking to comply with public health guidelines
- Zero contact check-in. You can pre-booked online and receive a QR code on your phone or print out ready to scan at the entry point.
- Elevator use is recommended to be used by one household group at a time.
- There are separate entry and exit doors, floor markings and signage to help visitors maintain safe distances.
- CASH is not accepted please use EFTPOS only.
- We are limiting the number of people using an Experience at one time and some changes have been made to ensure physical distancing and government recommendations can be adhered to.
- Drinking bubblers have been turned off. Please bring a full water bottle with you or you can purchase one at Ugly Duckling, the onsite cafe.
What can I do to help keep everyone safe and healthy?
Thanks for asking! We couldn’t do this without your support. You can help us stay safe and healthy by following these simple guidelines:
- Please read our updated terms and conditions of entry
- Do not attend the Discovery Space if you or your children are unwell, or showing symptoms of COVID-19.
- We ask that all visitors consider downloading the government COVIDSafe app and ensure this is active on their device at all times.
- We ask you wash your hands and regularly use the hand sanitiser available throughout the Discovery Space
- Take responsibility for social distancing by adhering to floor markings, avoid gathering in close proximity to others.
- Follow the capacity limits signposted at each Experience.
- For a safe and quick check-in, please ensure you have your pre-booked session QR code ready to scan on your phone or a printed copy for all guests in your party.
- Please be respectful to staff members and follow any instructions provided in relation to all the measures in place to maintain a COVID-Safe environment.
We will continue to be guided by the NSW Government’s health guidelines and will provide updates to this information.
I’m a member, do I still need to book?
Yes. For public health and safety, and to comply with Australian Government guidelines, it is preferred that everyone books into a session using the online checkout and register all guests, including those under 12 months. Anyone listed on your membership is entitled to book for free.
Please read the COVID-Safe conditions at checkout to confirm you understand the conditions of entry before booking.
The date I want to visit is booked out. Can I join a waiting list?
Yes, we occasionally have cancellations. Send an email with your details to [email protected] and we will get back to you if we can fit you in. Members will be given priority.
I have a booking but can no longer make it
We understand that plans change. We do ask that you contact the Discovery Space the day before your visit date so we can release the tickets to another family during this low-capacity period. If you have paid for entry but cannot attend, you can contact us to reschedule or receive a full refund by emailing [email protected]
You will then be contacted via phone to process the refund (as we require your credit card details).
For a refund of fees paid, we require that you notify us via phone or email 1 hour prior to your session time. No refunds will be given after this time.
Please also read our session terms and conditions
Are all Experiences still open?
Most are, yes. To ensure we follow all social distancing and public health regulations some Experiences will be operating a little differently.
The Tummy Tour has temporarily been removed (crawling through a human body isn’t great for social distancing). We have moved Market Place to this area to widen our pathways so you can freely move around our more popular Experiences.
We’ve been getting creative in CreARTivity, moving things around to ensure we adhere to the social distancing. It will run at a reduced schedule, so please be patient if a table is not available when you first arrive. We will have one entry in and one entry out.
The Discovery Gardens remain open. The water baths and slate wall are out of action, but you’ll be pleased to hear the creek is running again as well as the magnetic water wall. Our drinking bubblers will be temporarily turned off.
Please use the hand sanitiser provided before and after an Experience and adhere to capacity limits.
Are you still running daily activities?
Some of our Activities are back on! Please remember spots are limited for COVID safe social distancing.
Animal Encounters! 9:30am weekdays AND 9:30am and 1pm weekends
Join us as we show you the amazing creatures that call the Discovery Space home, you could be helping feed our fish or learn all about our masters of disguise, phasmids (stick insects).
Art Time! 10-11am weekdays AND 10am-11am and 1:30-2:30pm weekends
Nothing sparks your imagination like art. We have guided art activities designed to inspire the mind and excite the senses.
Discovery Time! 11am weekdays AND 11am and 2:30pm weekends
Pull up a cushion for Storytime, or participate in one of our pop up activities located in the Pod.
Mini & Me Every Tuesday, 10:30am at Crawlers Beach
Join us in a special parent and baby bonding session where children practise their fine motor skills and develop their hand-eye coordination through play and songs.
Is the Discovery Gift Shop open?
Gift Shop hours will be Monday – Friday 9:30am – 11:30am AND Saturdays, Sundays, 9:30am – 11:30am AND 1pm – 3pm.
Just a heads-up, we have limited stock available so get in quick to grab your Christmas gifts!
Unfortunately, we are no longer accepting Creative Kids vouchers on products. However, you can still use Creative Kids vouchers on memberships.
For any questions regarding the Gift Shop contact [email protected]
Are you taking party, school or group bookings?
Excursions and Incursions are still running as well as some playgroups. Parties are back on! Available on Saturday and Sunday! Your child’s birthday party crew will enjoy 1.5 hours of non-stop play! Our onsite café will provide the food for the children so all you need to do is bring the birthday cake.
Is the Ugly Duckling cafe open?
We wouldn’t deprive you of coffee! The onsite cafe is open and ready to serve you.
- Use contactless payment whenever possible.
- Bottled water (including kid-size) is available for purchase.
- The seating capacity of the cafe has been reduced to allow spacing of tables for social distancing.
- If you bring your own cup, Ugly Duckling offers 50% discount off coffee every Tuesday and 15% discount off coffee Wednesday – Sunday.
Where can I park when I visit?
The Carpooling car park will also be open to all visitors. P4 and carpooling are the safest way to the Discovery Space via the pedestrian crossings.
Our members’ car park will be open to members only 15-minutes before each session Monday – Friday. Member car parking is limited to one car per membership group (while there is capacity) and only for the duration of your visit to the Discovery Space.
Can I still bring food into the Discovery Space?
We say YES to BYO. You are still very welcome to bring your own food to the Discovery Space. We just ask that you only consume your food and drink in our Discovery Gardens. Seating will still be available, but please be respectful of the social distancing rules. Please bring your own drinking water as our drinking bubblers have been turned off.
I have renewed my membership during your closure. How does it work?
All memberships that expired on or before 01 June 2020 have been extended by 135 days and you will receive an email with your new expiry date. Please DO NOT USE your new membership until your current one has expired as your NEW membership will become active on your first use.
I have a free or pre-paid pass to the Discovery Space, when can I use it?
Sure can. please email [email protected] with details of your free pass or voucher and.
Vouchers or general admission tickets (excluding free passes) can be used towards membership at any time.
I have a question not listed here
We’re here to help. If you have any further questions or need assistance, please email us at [email protected] and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience and understanding.