We welcome volunteers from all sectors of the community as well as students from any study area. Join us in inspiring imagination and igniting the love of learning!
You’ll gain valuable experience and skills in education, working as a team, museum operations and public engagement.
- Develop your knowledge in childhood education and research
- Gain experience engaging with a diverse range of families
- Be mentored by experienced education staff
- Help deliver educational programs for diverse audiences
- Different types of volunteer roles to suit your availability
- Have fun!
- UOW students can also earn co-curricular credit through the UOWx program
Am I eligible?
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Have a Working with Children Check verification number
Apply for your Working with Children Check now. FREE for Volunteer roles
- Be available to attend a face-to-face interview and all required training sessions
- Have a positive and outgoing personality and be comfortable interacting and playing with children and adults from diverse backgrounds
“It’s so much fun! If you love interacting with children this is for you. It’s also really interesting to apply the theory I am learning in my education degree and see it first hand in the Early Start Discovery Space setting. I feel that it has really enhanced my learning.”
Become a sponsor
We love collaborating with groups who share our passion for play. You can become a sponsor today or work with us to create a whole new experience.