UPDATED WEDNESDAY 1 JUNE 2020
- Early Start Discovery Space remains temporarily closed (for now).
- The Discovery Gift Shop is open for deliveries only and can now accept Creative Kids vouchers
- Memberships will be extended for the time period we are closed
- We’ll continue to bring the Discovery Space to you with Discovery at Home!
- Members have access to free one-on-one online workshops through Discovery to You
- Contacting us: Our Gift Shop is attended between 10am – 3pm Tuesday – Friday. Call (02) 4221 3729 or email [email protected]
THE EASING OF COVID RESTRICTIONS HAS US FEELING….
Like it’s Christmas morning where we have a present right in front of us, but we have to watch everyone else open theirs first! Sure, we’re super happy for them, but we also just want to tear into ours.
The NSW government has allowed the reopening of museums from June 1, and while we are a museum, we are not your average museum.
As a hands-on museum (with the majority of those hands belonging to young children), you’ll forgive us for being a little more cautious.
Rest assured, our COVID-19 Safety Plan is well underway and we will be able to share more details around our reopening with you very soon.
For now, we just have to show a little more self-regulation (as our researchers like to call it).
So go wash your hands (again) and we’ll see you soon to rip into that ‘present’ together.
How does the closure affect my membership
All memberships will be extended for the time period we are closed. For example, if we are closed for 50 days, your membership will be extended by 50 days. We would like to extend a special thank you to all our members for your ongoing support and feedback.
Is the Cafe – Ugly Duckling – closed too?
The Ugly Duckling is open. Please visit their Facebook page for the most up-to-date information.
When will you reopen?
As the government starts to ease restrictions, we will closely monitor how new announcements affect the operations of Early Start Discovery Space and the Discovery Gift Shop. We will reopen as soon as the government informs us that it is safe to do so and we feel we can provide a safe environment for all visitors.
What happens to the tickets I have already bought?
Tickets to Early Start Discovery Space are valid for 12 months from the date of purchase. If you feel like you won’t be able to visit once we reopen, you can apply for a full refund. Simply send us an email at [email protected]