- SELF-GUIDED EXCURSION
Come along and have fun at the Discovery Space independently, including access to all the Experiences.
Self-Guided Cost: $10 per child
- GUIDED EXCURSION
Your excursion will include time for independent exploration of our Experiences PLUS a guided, play-based workshop facilitated by one of our Educators. There are three options to choose from (see below) which are are directly mapped to relevant NSW Syllabus, content and outcomes.
Guided Cost: $15 per child
Days: Monday – Friday (schools terms only)
Times: 11am to 1pm
Capacity: Minimum 20 and maximum 100 children per session
– No charge for educators/adults.
– Organisations are encouraged to review their own adult to child ratios required for excursions.
– To support the experience of your students and the general public, we require a minimum of one adult per group and highly encourage two adults per group, but the more adults the merrier!
– The number of groups required for your visit are based on the number of students attending the excursion. The number of groups can be provided once you confirm student numbers.
– All excursions must be booked 14 days before the date of the excursion.
Your group will spend two hours independently exploring Early Start Discovery Space. You will be briefed by a Discovery Space Educator and supported with materials, including a map outlining our schedule to ensure you maximise your time across all of our experiences.
Bricks & Clicks - Guided Option 1 (Science & Technology)
The Bricks and Clicks guided, play-based workshop includes the following activities:
- CONCEPT EXPLORATION: Children will develop their problem-solving skills while exploring the concepts of floating and sinking.
- BOAT ENGINEERING: Children participate in a hands-on activity, working in small collaborative groups to design and create LEGO brick boats that float.
Roald Dahl Adventure – Guided Option 2 (English)
The Roald Dahl Adventure guided, play-based workshop includes the following activities:
- QUIRKY CHARACTERS: The world of Roald Dahl’s The BFG comes to life! Children play with images, sounds and words to ‘gobblefunk’ their own quirky characters
- WILD STORIES: Children play with narrative elements to construct their own wild stories.
Trains – Guided Option 3 (Geography)
The Trains guided, play-based workshop includes the following activities:
- COMMUNITY CONCEPT: Children will explore the concepts of ‘what makes a community’ and ‘what makes a place special’ using their school as an example.
- COMMUNITY DESIGN: Using their understanding of people and places, children will work in collaborative groups to make their own community.
Additional Information – Excursions
It is the responsibility of the coordinating educator to ensure all children and accompanying teachers are briefed on the conditions of entry, and expectations and commitments. Please read our venue and safety information to assist with planning your risk assessment. To support the experience of your students and the general public, we require a minimum of one adult per group and highly encourage two adults per group, but the more adults the merrier! Please also ensure the ratio of teachers/caregivers is approved by your principal or centre director before your excursion. See our FAQs for more info.
Special needs bookings
For special needs group bookings, please contact us to discuss your needs.