Early Childhood Excursions
- Self-Guided Excursion
Come along and have fun at the Discovery Space independently, including access to all the Experiences.
Self-Guided Cost: $10 per child
- Guided Excursion
Your excursion will include time for independent exploration of our Experiences PLUS a guided play-based workshop facilitated by one of our Educators. There are three options to choose from (see below) which are directly mapped to the Early Years Learning Framework.
Guided Cost: $15 per child
Days: Monday – Friday (schools terms only)
Times: 11am to 1pm
Capacity: Minimum 20 and maximum 100 children per session
– No charge for educators/adults
– Organisations are encouraged to review their own adult to child ratios required for excursions.
– To support the experience of your students and the general public, we require a minimum of one adult per group and highly encourage two adults per group, but the more adults the merrier!
– The number of groups required for your visit are based on the number of students attending the excursion. The number of groups can be provided once you confirm student numbers.
– All excursions must be booked 14 days before the date of the excursion.
Your group will spend two hours independently exploring Early Start Discovery Space. You will be briefed by a Discovery Space Educator and supported with materials, including a map outlining our schedule to ensure you maximise your time across all of our experiences.
Where's the Bear? – Guided Option 1
The Where’s the Bear guided, play-based workshop includes the following activities:
- Book Reading: Children participate in a very active storytelling of “We’re going on a Bear Hunt.” Children are encouraged to use musical and dramatic play as they bring sounds of the landscape to life.
- Teddy Bear Hunt & Craft: Children get creative as they make their own “clue finder” to use as they become detectives, finding clues around the Space in search of our very own Discovery Space bear.
Early Year Learning Framework: Outcome 1, 4 and 5
Garden Explorers – Guided Option 3
The Garden Explorers guided, play-based workshop includes the following activities:
- Plant Protectors: Children explore the importance of sustainability and the environment by participating in a garden adventure and searching for a variety of plant and animal life.
- Watch Me Grow: Children role play the different natural life found in a garden and create their own garden-inspired artworks.
Early Year Learning Framework: Outcome 1, 2, 4 and 5
Additional Information – Excursions
It is the responsibility of the coordinating educator to ensure all children and accompanying teachers are briefed on the conditions of entry, and expectations and commitments. Please read our venue and safety information to assist with planning your risk assessment. Please ensure the ratio of teachers/caregivers is approved by your principal or centre director before your excursion. To support the experience of your students and the general public, we require a minimum of one adult per group and highly encourage two adults per group, but the more adults the merrier! See our FAQs for more info.
Special needs bookings
For special needs group bookings, please contact us to discuss your needs.