Come around the world with us these holidays! You just need some creativity and imagination as we take an adventure through music, movement, art, science, construction and more from all
Come around the world with us these holidays! You just need some creativity and imagination as we take an adventure through music, movement, art, science, construction and more from all over the world.
We’re here to keep curious minds busy with daily activities, shows and workshops to keep you engaged over two big weeks of fun and learning.
Remember bookings are still preferred for all visitors, even members.
Check out our special activities, all FREE after entry!
- Monday: Music Mondays – People all over the world play music using different instruments. Discover and learn how to keep a beat and change tempo using different songs and instruments.
When: 10:00am & 1pm
- Tuesday: Mini & Me – Bring your little one for our special parent and baby bonding session where children practice their fine motor skills and develop their hand-eye coordination through play and songs.
When: 10:30am & 2pm
- Wednesday: Big Blue Blocks – Build ’em up, knock ’em down, design and create! Can you create a world of your own? Use our Big Blue Blocks to create anything you can imagine!
When: 9:30am & 1pm
- Thursday: Highland Dancing – Learn some of the basic positions and steps to choreograph your own Scottish highland dance.
When: 10:30am & 2pm
- Friday: Make-do cardboard creations – What kind of vehicles can take you around the world? Come test your skills using cardboard and our favourite Make-do kits to create your own vehicles, or collaborate as a team to build the best ship, plane, car or rocket!!
When: 10am & 2pm
- Saturday and Sunday: Show: Our World – explore four main components of the surface of the Earth – Air, Land, Sea and Life itself. Come participate and explore scientific concepts and experiments using everyday items that you can find at home!
When: 10am, 11am & 1pm, 2pm
- Mini Explorers: Antarctica
Friday 2 July, 10.30m – 11am
Join our friends from Shellharbour Library as we explore and learn about Antarctica through storytelling, fact cards, and getting up close and personal with Antarctic Artefacts. This session will include themed activities and a terrarium craft for children to take home.
Ages: 4 years – 8 years
FREE* (After paid entry fee into Discovery Space)
BOOK NOW! (Spaces are limited)
- Bildits Workshop
Monday 5 July, 9:30am – 11:30am
Come build your own mini-house with real tools and materials! For the first time in Australia, this STEM program comes all the way from Lebanon and offers children real-life construction skills in a fun and authentic experience. Come and be one of the first in Australia to experience it at the Discovery Space. You will be constructing wooden structures, assembling frameworks, pouring cement, building masonry walls, and painting your house. This is a must-do workshop for any budding engineer!
Ages: 6 years +
$65 (price includes all materials and general entry to the Discovery Space for one adult & one child)
* Small group workshop, spaces are limited. Minimum numbers are required. If minimum numbers are not reached, you will receive a full refund.
- We’re going on a Bear Hunt
Saturday 10th July, 10:30am & 2pm
Bring your favourite teddy along and join us for a very special Teddy Bear’s Picnic. We’ll read stories, sign songs and go on a bear hunt together!
Ages: 2 years +
FREE* (After paid entry to Discovery Space)
No bookings required. Spaces are limited.
Storytime, art and lots more! Join one of our daily activities and have some fun – all free after entry.
SEE THE DAILY SCHEDULE HERE
Our COVIDSafe measure remain in place. Session numbers will remain capped and may be adjusted to ensure the safety and comfort of visitors and staff.
June 28 (Monday) 9.00am - July 11 (Sunday) 3.30pm
Early Start Discovery Space
Activities and workshops free after entry.